As the exclusive real estate sponsor of the eMerge Americas VIP Lounge this May, ONE SIR digital marketers sat down with Executive Director Xavier Gonzalez late last week to discuss their launch event. The Miami-based organization is hosting their first ever event. This event attracts global residents and attendees as registrants come from established American tech hubs like NYC, as well as Latin America, Europe and Miami.
- ONE SIR: Congrats on all the momentum about the first eMerge Americas Techweek event in Miami. When did this organization take root?
- Gonzalez: We launched this initiative about a year and a half ago. Manny Medina, founder of Terremark which is a global provider of IT infrastructure, had the vision for an organization that would formally establish Miami as a tech hub.
- ONE SIR: And what is the eMerge America mission statement?
- Gonzalez: To advance the ecosystem and make Miami a viable global center for technology, specifically for the Americas.
- ONE SIR: How is this event set apart from others in the tech world?
- Gonzalez: First, we have major supporters from Miami area influencers. The Knight Foundation is a big supporter, along with Miami-Dade County, and businesses like One Sotheby’s International Realty & Greenberg Traurig. Secondly, we focus on bringing the Americas together. The target area is bigger so the scope of the event had to be bigger. We have 150 speakers signed up along with 100 start-ups and over 200 participating companies including sponsors, partners, and speakers.
- ONE SIR: There’s certainly a lot of backing for the digital movement in Miami. What do you hope this event accomplishes after year one of the eMerge Americas Techweek event?
- Gonzalez: With our first year, we’re aiming to change the perception of Miami when it comes to technology. For many, this will be the first time people are coming to Miami specifically for technology. Seeing the thousands of local and visiting participants will bring home the importance of our city in this growing industry.
- ONE SIR: We share the belief that Miami is becoming a technology hub. Why do you think our city brings unique elements to the digital wave?
- Gonzalez: Our geographic proximity to Latin America makes us different. And we can’t wait to show the technology world that Miami is viable with talented employees that can open doors to Latin America and even Europe.
We will continue this conversation with Gonzalez in the days following this year’s eMerge Americas Techweek. Please register here. ONE SIR will see you in the VIP lounge!