Art Basel Miami Beach is upon us again! This is exciting time of the year where art aficionados flock to our beautiful city to experience the most important art exhibitions in the world. Miami will be hosting an explosion of modern art, sculpture exhibits, installations and photography showcases by renown artists in the most prestigious galleries around town. We’ve sifted through all the exhibitions, parties, brunches, pricate tours shows to provide you this well curated list of the top 10 things not to miss during this year’s Art Basel.
1) Dec. 1-5th: W South Beach Hotel Contemporary Art Collection, the modern, upscale hotel will feature a contemporaty art collection that includes works by Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Christopher Wool and Damien Hirst- among others.
Art in the Lobby of the W South Beach
2) Nov. 29, 8pm: Ornare Tastemaker Showcase, the luxury furniture brand honors the Top 20 Designers and Architects in Miami. Located at the Ornare Showroom in the Design District.
3) Nov. 30th, 7-9pm: MOCA and Vanity Fair Magazine International Party, Art Basel Kick-Off celebration and the grand opening iconic photographer Bruce Webber’s much anticipated ‘Little Haiti’ exhibit.
Image from Bruce Weber's 'Little Haiti' Exhibition
4) Dec. 1-5, 12pm-8pm: Art Basel Miami Beach, 2010 International Art Show, exclusive selection of over 250 galleries featuring works by over 20,000 artists under one roof- Miami Beach Convention Center.
Untitled 1998- Arndt Berlin
5) Dec. 1- 5, 8pm: SCOPE/ART ASIA Fair, 75 international art galleries gather under one massive tent in Midtown to showcase the most exclusive Asian art.
Last Year's Scope Art Fair (photo by Liad Baniel)
6) Dec. 1-5: Arts for a Better World, featuring works by more than 40 artists with a common goal to contribute to a better world for future generations. 5% of all art sales will be donated to designated non-profit organizations. Located at Soho Studios in the Wynwood Arts District.
7) Dec. 1-5, 12-8pm: Design Miami, this year the much anticipated exhibition will be located on the P-Lot of the Miami Beach Convention Center on the intersection of Meridian and 19th St. Fifteen of the world’s most innovative art and design galleries will present museum quality furniture, lighting and art.
Design Miami 2009
8) Dec. 1-5: Isabella Rossellini’s ‘Seduce Me’ Installation, International actress Isabella Rossellini will feature a collection of videos using animation and other multi-media that explores animal attraction. Exhibition will be located at the Wolfsonian, FIU.
Isabella Rossellini, actress, director and producer of 'Seduce Me'
9) Dec. 2nd, 11pm-1am: Patrick MacMullen Photo Installation, Cafeina Lounge in Wynwood will be host to notable photographer, Pactrick MacMullen’s collection of celebrity images.
Photographer Patrick McMullen (photo by NY Magazine)
10) Dec. 2nd, 7pm-11pm: Miami Art Museum’s Annual Party on the Plaza, Event will feature live music, cocktails and exhibits by artists Susan Rothenberg, Tomas Saraceno, Robert Rauschenberg . Over 1,700 of the art world’s VIPs are expected to attend.
Last year's Party on the Plaza (photo by MAM)